The Power of ThoughtWritten by Jean Slatter
What you think matters
Ah, the power of thought. Whether you realize it or not, what you think does make a difference on how you live. The mind is extremely powerful. It shapes our every moment and how we view the world. And yet, it’s not always obvious at first. The changes are subtle and woven into our lives. Each decision we make or passing thought have a downstream effect. We often can’t discern on a daily basis the effect our thoughts have.
Knowing that each thought counts, why not ensure they are working for you, not against you.
Change the way you think
What thoughts are you telling yourself? Are you being kind and encouraging? Are you motivating yourself in a way that would inspire another? For many of us, the answer is no. I, for one, have found myself doing the exact opposite. Oftentimes we are our own worst critics.
Challenge yourself today by changing the way you think. Pay attention to how to speak to yourself and about your life. If you are speaking to yourself negatively, start to shift those thoughts towards a kind or positive phrase instead. Just wait and see how the power of thought begins to take effect.
Don’t forget to write out your thoughts, feelings and impressions as you begin to shift your thinking. As these changes might seem subtle at first, looking back can reveal just how powerful it is!
6 ways to use the power of thought today
- Look in the mirror and say, “I am beautiful”
- Write out 10 things that you are grateful for
- Tell yourself your favorite attributes
- Each time you have a negative thought, follow it up with something positive
- Set a goal and visualize how you are going to achieve it
- Write out an affirmation such as, “I am powerful. What I say matters and I choose to love myself for who I am.” Now post it on a mirror or on the fridge and repeat it daily.
5 journaling prompts to explore the power of thought
- How can I improve my inner dialogue?
- Would I talk to others the way I talk to myself?
- If I accepted myself as I am now, how would my life change?
- What can I do today that will make me feel accomplished?
- When was the last time I took a moment to be grateful for all that I am?
Small changes compound
These small changes may not seem that impactful now, but over time, pay attention to the direction your life is going. And then pay attention to your thoughts. I think you’ll find a surprising correlation between the two.
About Jean – Jean Slatter is the founder of the Higher Guidance Life Coach certification program, which teaches holistic healing modalities and spiritual philosophies intended for self-growth and assisting others on their paths to wholeness. She is an accomplished author and inspirational speaker who is helping thousands to receive clarity, direction and purpose through their direct access to Higher Guidance.
In 2005 Jean published her landmark book Hiring the Heavens which introduces a unique perspective on connecting with the power of the heavens to fulfill your daily and life goals. Hiring the Heavens is inspiring people all over the world to create their world in tandem with the workforce of the celestial realm.
Certification programs and courses – If you would like to learn more about becoming a Higher Guidance Life Coach, please visit the program overview page. Jean also provides multiple self-study courses including Hiring the Heavens-in depth, pendulum dowsing, and tools to raise your Transcendent Intelligence (TQ). You can find an overview of these courses here.
Audio and Ebooks – Jean provides a number of audio and Ebook products, which you can find here.
GET STARTED WITH OUR FREE RESOURCES
- JOURNAL PAGES
- DOWSING TODAY VIDEOS
- THE CREATIVE MYSTIC MINUTE