Here’s a great article by one of my editors:
All I wanted was the truth. What I got however, was a massive dose of deception. And so did you for that matter. We’ve all been duped into believing that we are separate from God, which has got to be one of the all-time greatest spiritual challenges that we have ever faced. (God being just one of many words used to describe the source of unlimited creative potential of which we are a part of and couldn’t be separated from even if we wanted to be.) Truth is we are multi-dimensional beings with an unquenchable thirst for adventure. (Spiritual amnesia…who’s idea was that?)
Now, as much as I believe that we all have what it takes to become a fully enlightened master like Jesus or Buddha, the odds of that happening for me in the lifetime are pretty slim. What IS possible however, is to communicate with our Higher Self and learn how to interpret and utilize the information and guidance we receive in order to enhance our earthly experience. In this way we become our very own personal psychic, yet there is way much more to it than that. Asking, “What does my future hold?” can only be answered by you. After all, who knows you better than you?
When I want to know the truth about something, I always go directly to the source – the part of me that’s holding all the cards, so to speak. At times the guidance comes in bits and dribbles in the form of insights, intuition, and synchronicities, while at other times the guidance seems more like a command that I am given to follow. Once when I was confused about which direction my career should take, I had a dream that specifically told me the name of a man that I needed to ask for a job. Although I wasn’t sure what kind of job I was supposed t ask him for and I was scared to put myself out there like that, I did it anyway and was hired on the spot.
Establishing a connection to my higher guidance has certainly been a labor of love. Here are a few disciplines that have worked for me:
· Surrender to a higher power/intelligence (of which I am a part of).
· Accept ‘what is’ without trying to manipulate, control, or judge. Affirm that I am exactly where I need to be (or I would be someplace else).
· Ask for what I want and remain unattached to the outcome. If I am unclear about what to ask for, “Telling me what I need to know” works just as well.
· Become self-centered. Mind my own business. Built integrity; say yes when I mean yes and have the courage to say now when I mean no.
· Create sacred space. Let go of people, places, and things that drain energy. De-clutter my home, my car, my mind. Refuse to own a television set.
· Engage the senses. Pay attention to dreams. Acknowledge synchronicities. Follow your inner leader.
· Cultivate an attitude of gratitude…for everything! Spirit loves to be acknowledged.
Relying on higher guidance has become a way of life for me; it’s about me learning to trust me and knowing what is for my highest and best good. And, when I feel concerned about my future in this ever-increasing chaotic world, I affirm that I will be guided to exactly where I need to be. And so will you.